October 20, 2018
Gifu, Juroku Plaza
The Gate of Victory 2018
“Hollywood” Stalker Ichikawa 20th Anniversary
1. Kzy⭕️, Susumu Yokosuka (13:29 Running Elbow Smash) Masato Yoshino, Kaito Ishida❌
2. Naruki Doi⭕️ (12:02 Bakatare Sliding Kick) Yosuke♡Santa Maria❌
3. BxB Hulk, Kagetora⭕️ (12:44 Gurumakakari) Masaaki Mochizuki, Punch Tominaga❌
4. YAMATO⭕️, U-T (14:06 Galleria) Dragon Kid, Jason Lee❌
5. “Hollywood” Stalker Ichikawa Debut 20th Anniversary Memorial Team Gifu vs. R・E・D 10 Man Tag Team Match: PAC, Big R Shimizu⭕️, Ben-K, Eita, Takashi Yoshida (16:43 Shot-put Slam) “Hollywood” Stalker Ichikawa, Problem Dragon, Shun Skywalker, Yuki Yoshioka, Kota Minoura❌, Diablo
Kanda came dressed to fight. He and Ichikawa are generation peers, and Kanda was his opponent in his debut match. Kanda wasn’t going to pass up an opportunity to leave him the same way he did in that match 20 years ago. Unconscious. Local wrestler Diablo, who frequently appears on shows in the Gifu area came out to even up the sides and the match became a 6 on 6.
After the match, Shimizu had no interest in talking so he let Team Gifu close out the show.
Problem Dragon was sad they couldn’t celebrate Ichikawa’s anniversary with a win, but there were still a lot of things to celebrate. As a fellow Gifu native, Ichikawa gave him the courage to join Dragon Gate. He knows there are fans in the crowd today and fans in the crowd all over the country that are inspired by him. There are 6 Gifu native wrestlers in the ring right now and that is in no small part due to Ichikawa’s efforts.
Yoshioka wasn’t experienced enough yet, but he hoped to work together with Ichikawa to make wrestling in Gifu exciting.
Shun said this team and all these people being here today was a testament to how great Ichikawa is a human being.
Kota has only been wrestling for 4 months and isn’t ready for main events, but he got to main event today thanks to Ichikawa. He lost today, but he hopes that when he celebrates his own 20th anniversary that Ichikawa will be his partner.
Problem Dragon hoped after these three get more experienced they can do this match again.
Ichikawa thanked the fans and his fellow wrestlers for helping him come this far. Someone like him probably shouldn’t even be allowed to be a wrestler. He’s working hard behind the scenes more than in the ring now, but as long as his body can handle it he will continue to get in there. This is the last show in Gifu for 2018, but they will be back in March. He hopes everyone will come and get together then under the blooming cherry blossoms.